Apprentice (Field Service Engineer) – South Location: Berkshire/Slough Area
Be part of our growing business
At Boundary Gate and Barrier Contracts we’re proud to be part of a growing business operating nationwide. We’re looking for the next generation of talent to join our exciting business in the South of England as part of our field service engineering team.
A bit more about the role
As an apprentice field service engineer, you will be on the road looking after sites in the south of England with one of our skilled engineers. You will learn how to install, repair and maintain our perimeter control and automation systems with multiple disciplines on both commercial and domestic properties.
During your 3-year apprenticeship you will learn:
- How to work as part of a dedicated team focused on ensuring our sites continue to operate at maximum efficiency
- How to work with a wide range of equipment, be able to identify any faults and carry out routine maintenance, following the company’s rigorous health and safety checks to current standards.
- About scheduled maintenance activity and how to organise your workload effectively
- College training on a day release basis to suit the job role
- Manufacturer Training Courses
- On the job training with our qualified engineers
- DHF Safety and Compliance Training and Accreditation.
What we’re looking for:
- Aged between 18-23 years old
- Someone who’s keen to gain hands on experience, develop practical skills and achieve the standards needed to really succeed in your role.
- You’ll have a dedicated mentor and manager who’ll be on hand to support you every step of the way. All that we ask from you is that you’re willing to learn, know how to work as part of a team and can manage your time and workload to get things done.
- You’ll also need to have 5 GCSEs or equivalent grades A-C or grades 9-4, which must include Math’s, English Language and a science or technology subject.
- Driving Licence would be an advantage but not essential
If you are interested in this role please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org