Job Purpose Summary
Engineer’s Mate required to assist in the and service/repair and installation of automatic gates/doors/roller shutters and other such traffic management systems. The role will involve manual work and you will be required to assist in site preparation where necessary as directed by the lead engineer. BGB serves customers nationwide but this specific role will mainly be focused on our southern sites. This is an excellent opportunity to join a fast moving and growing company in an interesting and well rewarded industry and there is great potential for advancement to a Field Service Engineer for the right candidate, showing the right attributes and skills.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- To work under the daily supervision of a Senior Field Service Engineer
- To assist in delivering work, involving a variety of skill sets, which are consistently and efficiently completed to a high standard and within budgeted time scales.
- The work may include some manual labour.
- To ensure that all work is completed in a professional and safe manner and that the Health & Safety policy and practices are adhered to.
- Work effectively with the Service Directors, Service Engineers and other members of staff.
- Attending work- based training courses as deemed necessary and organised by BGB.
- Working away from home from time to time with notice given in advance by BGB
- The successful applicant will be self-motivated with the ability and desire to learn the engineering job role in its entirety.
- Flexibility, adaptability, punctuality and reliability are vital attributes
- Ability to work efficiently and to instruction to meet deadlines and targets
- Full clean driving licence essential
- CSCS Card
Please send all applications to firstname.lastname@example.org